Saturday, January 28, 2012

Vintage Birthday




This card took me so long I wouldn't admit it if I would have kept track of the time : ) It just didn't look right no matter what I tried. Still not so sure I'm loving it?? I always admire the vintage looking cards but find them difficult to do. When Joan's Gardens challenge requirement was to include distressed edges I immediately thought "vintage".  I used a stamp for the first time that I won from Joan for one of the challenges. I am also entering this card in the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp "Anything goes". Check them out. So here's my finished project. In case you're wondering the flower at the bottom is purple although it doesn't look like it on the picture.


 Stamps used LaBlanche (don't remember the name)
Webster's pages paper
THoltz ink Crushed Corduroy
I used a bit of dimensional glaze on the purple flower and Sage green Flowersoft
The rest is just bits and peices from my stash.


4 comments:

  1. Sadie, your card is great and very interesting. I love the demension and the colors are beautiful.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our Weekly Challenge. Great job

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Sadie, love the vintage look and that is such a pretty stick pin!!
    Thanks for sharing
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card Sadie, an adorable image and I love the soft gentle colour and details which truly created that stunning vintage look.

    Thanks so much for joining us the Simon Stays Stamps challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love that image and the wonderful vintage look it has! Just perfect!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete